Our dance venue and accommodations are located at Lake Doniphan Retreat Center in Excelsior Springs, MO (about 30 minutes east of Kansas City). We have a mini-lodge reserved, which features dorm-style beds, private showers and bathrooms, and a great room with a kitchenette. Learn more about Lake Doniphan here:
- If you’re not into the group camp experience, there are private cabins available for $52/person per night (breakfast, lunch, dinner included). These cabins DO NOT have private restrooms, but a renovated bathhouse is available.
There are a small number of RV hookups available at Lake Doniphan. If you’re interested in a pad site, message Erin.
Excelsior Springs does have a handful of independent hotels or bed and breakfasts a short drive from the retreat center:
Your lodging fees include breakfast, lunch, and dinner for each day you are registered.
- Each meal will include one main entree and a selection of sides, with a buffet-style breakfast spread
- Lake Doniphan will accommodate food restrictions to the best of their ability. Please indicate any food preferences or dietary restrictions when you register, and they will prepare a special meal for you. (Please note: they are happy to work with general food restrictions (e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free) but cannot accommodate all food intolerances or allergies. Cross-contamination may occur in their kitchen.
- Guests are welcome to bring snacks and to prepare food in the kitchenette.
Flying: Kansas City International Airport is located 33 miles from Lake Doniphan (about a 40 minute drive) and partners with pretty much every major US airline. KCI offers shuttle, city bus, Uber/Lyft, and conventional transportation to Crown Center. We will also be setting up a ride share and pickup group list for anyone who needs it.
Parking: Crown Center offers 3 hours of parking validation for anyone visiting a shop or restaurant while there. They also offer an additional three hours of validation to anyone who purchases $25 or more of food or retail while visiting. The Sheraton and Westin hotels both charge $18 for garage parking per day, and $26 for valet. There is street parking available all around the Crossroads, but some areas are metered and it might be a hike to get to your hotel from public parking.
Getting Around Excelsior Springs and KC
- KC Streetcar: If you’re flying in to Kansas City, or just want to visit KC without having to worry about traffic and parking, KC’s free streetcar might be a perfect option! The Ride and Dine Streetcar offers a route from Crown Center through the Crossroads, into KC’s downtown, and turns around at our River Market area. The streetcar specifically stops in areas with high concentrations of good restaurants, bars, and coffee shops, and sometimes it’s just fun to ride and people watch. Click this link to view the streetcar route and to get more information.
- Public Scooters/Bikes : If you’re feeling adventurous, the Crossroads has several hundred Lime and Bird dockless scooters and CitiBikes available for rent.
- 10/10 Taxi: Click here for more information.KC’s conventional taxi service is pretty decent and offers several ways to book rides.