Our dance venue is located within Crown Center, a shopping and events center in the heart of Kansas City’s Crossroads District. There are several hotel options nearby, as well as AirBnBs and a hostel all within walking/Uber distance. Learn more about Crown Center here.
Hotels in the Crown Center complex: Please note: as of 11/30 these hotels were almost completely sold out and charging >$500 per night for available rooms. It might be worth a check for cancellations closer to April, though.
Hotels within walking distance (<1 mile) of Crown Center:
- Crossroads Hotel ($109/night)
- Hotel Indigo ($180/night) We currently have a room block with Hotel Indigo for single king rooms for $165/night. Please reference Erin Hillier to see if any more rooms are available.
- 816 Hotel (Westport) Older rooms: $139/night; Updated rooms: $190 a night.
Note: The Crossroads District is extremely walkable, but Google Maps doesn’t do the best job showing those options. Don’t be scared by the 25+ minute walking times to places! It doesn’t take into account the aerial walkway that covers a square mile of the Crossroads. If you look in the image below, I’ve highlighted the aerial walkway and all the places it takes you. You can safely walk almost anywhere indoors with this option–it basically provides an “as the crow flies” path to getting around the west Crossroads.
- Honeycomb Hostel ($50/night; 2 miles away, but you’ll need a car to safely make this trip)
- AirBnb (click on the link to open a pre-filled search for the Crown Center area filtered by our Stone Soup weekend date)
Flying: Kansas City International Airport is located 22 miles from Crown Center (about a 30 minute drive) and partners with pretty much every major US airline. KCI offers shuttle, city bus, Uber/Lyft, and conventional transportation to Crown Center. We will also be setting up a ride share and pickup group list for anyone who needs it.
- From the North of I-35: Follow I-35 South to 71 Hwy South (exit 3). Continue on 71 Hwy South (exit 2M). Exit at 22nd St. and turn right (west). Turn left (south) on Grand Blvd. and continue to Crown Center at Pershing Rd
- From the North on I-29: Take I-29 South to US-169 South (exit 2B). US-169 South becomes Broadway. Follow Broadway to Pershing Rd. Turn left (east) on Pershing Rd. and continue to Crown Center at Grand Blvd. Please follow detour signs during construction on Broadway Bridge.
- From the South on I-35 : Exit at W. Pennway Street (exit 1C). Turn right (east) on W. Pennway. Turn left (north) on Southwest Blvd. Turn right (south) on Broadway. Turn left (east) at Pershing Rd. and continue to Crown Center at Grand Blvd.
- From the South on 71 Hwy & I-49: Exit at 22nd St. and turn left (west). Turn left (south) on Grand Blvd. and follow to Crown Center at Pershing Rd.
- From the East on I-70 : Exit at Locust St./Truman Rd. (exit 2Q). Turn left (south) on Grand Blvd. and follow to Crown Center at Pershing Rd.
- From the West on I-70: Take I-70 East to I-670. Exit I-670 onto I-35 South (exit 2T). Exit I-35 South at 20th Street (exit 1D). Turn left (east) on 20th Street. Turn right (south) on Grand and continue to Crown Center at Pershing Rd.
Parking: Crown Center offers 3 hours of parking validation for anyone visiting a shop or restaurant while there. They also offer an additional three hours of validation to anyone who purchases $25 or more of food or retail while visiting. The Sheraton and Westin hotels both charge $18 for garage parking per day, and $26 for valet. There is street parking available all around the Crossroads, but some areas are metered and it might be a hike to get to your hotel from public parking.
Getting Around KC
- KC Streetcar: If you’re flying in to Kansas City, or just want to visit KC without having to worry about traffic and parking, KC’s free streetcar might be a perfect option! The Ride and Dine Streetcar offers a route from Crown Center through the Crossroads, into KC’s downtown, and turns around at our River Market area. The streetcar specifically stops in areas with high concentrations of good restaurants, bars, and coffee shops, and sometimes it’s just fun to ride and people watch. Click this link to view the streetcar route and to get more information.
- Public Scooters/Bikes : If you’re feeling adventurous, the Crossroads has several hundred Lime and Bird dockless scooters and CitiBikes available for rent.
- 10/10 Taxi: Click here for more information.KC’s conventional taxi service is pretty decent and offers several ways to book rides.
Food, Drink, Coffee, Tea
Stuff to do in KC